Monday, April 19, 2010

Oh My another update...

      I realized how much I have been missing in the Blog World. I can't believe that the last post I posted was a month ago. Although it really doesn't surprise me. I am sitting here at work with some free time that I should be spending on doing school work. Instead I am writing a blog, but I think it needs to be done. There are so many things I need to say, so many things I need to release.

     First for some good stuff. My last post I was at 285 or so pounds. I am now down to 272 lbs. I am very happy I am continuing to move forward in this, even though I have my weeks when I may fall short of loss and instead gain.
     Secondly, I have officially found and be accepted for an internship at Grace Assembly of God in Spring City, PA. I will be serving under an awesome team of Pastors and Leaders and I am very excited to know that these people are not just fun to work with, but they love and care for me enough to put me through the wringer and love on me when I am in need.

     As for the not so great stuff. I have been dealing with one of the most strongest depressions I have ever gone through in my life. I am by no means suicidal, thanks be to God. But I am struggling in my every day life with all aspects of life. I do not want to get up for class, chapel, work, and in most cases I don't even want to get up to have fun and hang out with my friends. This part has been extremely difficult for me. I have all but stopped my progress here at school. I may know I need to push forward, and to not sound cynical or even be funny, but to use a statement from the school, "press on, forge ahead." I am just at a stand still. I am passing 4 out of 6 of my courses, and the 2 that I am failing right now are the 2 classes that I should be able to pass with little to effort.
     I know that it is time that I seek some professional help, and the school now offers that for free, so I am trying to set up a time to see this professional. I am hoping that my professors can understand and give me some grace in my studies area. I know God is the only thing holding me upright at this point, and I can say with certainty that it is a good and bad place to be in. I know that my faith in God and more specifically HIS faithfulness has been what has kept me going through this time.
     If I can pass these classes I will officially be a senior next semester. I still have 40 credits to go, and am praying that I will be able to take 9 extra online credits this summer to help subsidize my ability to graduate in the spring of 2011. Either way, it will be my last year of college next year. The government has made it very clear that I will have reached the maximum amount of funding from loans I can accrue. So... Please keep this in prayer for me.

     To try and bring some good new in at the end; I have paid off my car loan, I am working on paying off my credit cards right now (close to being done,) and was layed off from the school security department and given a promotion by my company and am now the Head of Security at Department of Health in my area.

Thanks for "listening" umm... er... reading. I will ttyl.

No comments: